By Jeffrey A. Ewing,Kevin S. Decker
Alien and Philosophy: I Infest, accordingly i'm presents a philosophical exploration of the realm of Alien, the concurrently scary and thought-provoking sci-fi horror masterpiece, and the movie franchise it spawned.
- The first publication devoted to exploring the philosophy raised by means of some of the most profitable and influential sci-fi franchises of contemporary times
- Features contributions from an acclaimed group of students of philosophy and dad tradition, led via hugely skilled quantity editors
- Explores an important diversity of subject matters that come with the philosophy of worry, simply Wars, bio-weaponry, feminism and matriarchs, excellent killers, contagion, violation, worker rights and synthetic Intelligence
- Includes insurance of H.R. Giger’s aesthetics, the literary affects of H.P. Lovecraft, sci-fi and the legacy of Vietnam, and masses more!
Read or Download Alien and Philosophy: I Infest, Therefore I Am (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series) PDF
Best popular culture books
This publication deals a serious examine famous person and celebrities all through heritage, emphasizing the improvement of famous person as an idea, its relevance to members, and the position of the general public and celebrities in pop culture. • information and records spotlight the intensity of the public's involvement with celebrities, together with attendance at big name performances, on-line star connections, tables approximately salaries, and letters to celebrities• offers a chronological view of the phenomenon of big name within the usa, the growth of which parallels the advance of media in the USA• The bibliography offers details for extra analyzing and examine in addition to info in relation to citations within the textual content• A thesaurus defines phrases vital to an entire figuring out of superstar, for instance, "Jung's collective unconscious"
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2000 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Medien, Kunst, Musik, notice: 1,7, Technische Universität Dresden (Institut für Soziologie), Veranstaltung: Kindheit als soziokulturelles Phänomen, 34 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Der Inhalt der vorliegenden Arbeit gliedert sich im wesentlichen in drei Punkte.
In Doo-Wop Acappella: a narrative of highway Corners, Echoes, and Three-Part Harmonies, pupil and musician Lawrence Pitilli information this too-little-explored region of 1950’s - early 60’s American tradition. As Kenny Vance and the Planotones prompt of their vintage music “Looking for an Echo,” each doo-wop acapella group’s mission—the seek “for a valid, a spot to be in concord, a spot we virtually found”—was greater than the tale of highway teenagers looking recording glory.
Ask yourself lady and Philosophy: The Amazonian Mystique explores a variety of philosophical questions surrounding the most well-liked lady superhero of all time, from her production as feminist propaganda in the course of international struggle II as much as the 1st woman lead within the blockbuster DC movie-franchise. the 1st publication devoted to the philosophical questions raised via the advanced and enduringly iconic super-heroine battling fascism with feminism for the reason that 1941, considers the facility of ask yourself girl as an exploration of gender identification and in addition that of the human – what limits us and what we will be able to conquer Confronts the ambiguities of ask yourself girl, from her roles as a feminist reason and entirely empowered lady, to her objectification as sexual myth themes explored comprise starting place tales and identification, propaganda and artwork, altruism and the ethics of care, Amazonians as transhumanists, eroticism and photo novels, the crafting of a heroine, domination, relationships, the ethics of killing and torture, and lots of extra.
- At Odds: Gambling and Canadians, 1919-1969
- Vader, Voldemort and Other Villains: Essays on Evil in Popular Media
- Deadpool and Philosophy: My Common Sense Is Tingling (Popular Culture and Philosophy)
- The Socio-Economic Impact of Microelectronics: This Book Is Based on an International Conference Held in Zandvoort, The Netherlands, Which Was Supported by The Netherlands Ministry of Science Policy
Additional info for Alien and Philosophy: I Infest, Therefore I Am (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
Alien and Philosophy: I Infest, Therefore I Am (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series) by Jeffrey A. Ewing,Kevin S. Decker