By Mitchell B. Lerner
- Explores the legacy of Johnson and the historic value of his years as president
- Covers the whole diversity of subject matters, from the social and civil rights reforms of the nice Society to the elevated American involvement in Vietnam
- Incorporates the dramatic new facts that has come to mild in the course of the liberate of round 8,000 cellphone conversations and conferences that Johnson secretly recorded as President
Read or Download A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
Federalism and Political functionality compares the political functionality of federal and non-federal states and evaluates the effect of alternative sorts of federation. The participants draw jointly concentrated case-studies to demonstrate their arguments on quite a lot of international locations, together with Russia, India, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Australia and Canada.
This file makes a speciality of the standards affecting the provision of knowledge know-how team of workers to the lively responsibility enlisted strength, and the findings aspect to the belief that the IT education possibilities provided through the millitary can assist safe the availability of IT group of workers over the lengthy haul.
The downfall of the us of the US has been expedited by means of the hot election of Barack Hussein Obama. the rustic won't live on his regime, yet giving him the advantage of the doubt, writer Shawn O’Reilly describes him because the Next-to-Last American President. O’Reilly, a proud conservative who's deeply frightened approximately America’s survival, describes a destiny date whilst the rustic now not exists during this political satire that's in basic terms part joking round.
In der Moderne mussten die Kriegsfürsten immer darauf bedacht sein, ihre Expansionspolitik der eigenen Bevölkerung als humanitäre oder protecting Notwendigkeit schmackhaft zu machen. Im ersten Weltkrieg sollten England, das »perfide Albion«, in die Schranken gewiesen und der »Erbfeind« Frankreich niedergerungen werden.
- American Foreign Policy: Past, Present, and Future
- The Federalist: with Letters of Brutus (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought)
- What Motivates Bureaucrats?: Politics and Administration during the Reagan Years (Power, Conflict, and Democracy: American Politics Into the 21st Century)
- Democracy and the Left: Social Policy and Inequality in Latin America
Additional resources for A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Mitchell B. Lerner